Beef Rib Roast with Yorkshire Puddings
Roast Beef Recipes INGREDIENTS
- 1 (6 to 8 pound) beef rib roast (2 to 4 ribs), small end, chine (back) bone removed
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Yorkshire Puddings (recipe follows)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Combine garlic, thyme and pepper; press onto beef roast. Place roast beef , fat side up, in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of roast beef, not resting in fat or touching bone. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 350°F oven 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 hours for medium rare; 2 3/4 to 3 hours for medium doneness.
2. Remove roast beef when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium. Tent with foil. Let stand 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.) Carve roast. Season with salt. Serve roast beef rib with Yorkshire puddings....nice ! Enjoy it !