Beef Rib Eye Roast with Potatoes, Mushrooms and Fancy Pan Gravy
An incredible roast beef recipe to try !@
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (4-pound) rib eye roast
- 4 pounds small new potatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound large white mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can beef broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. In a small bowl mix together rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper; spread evenly over surface of roast. Place roast beef, fat-side-up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Insert a meat thermometer into the center of the roast, place pan in the center of the oven, and cook for 40 minutes.
3. Toss potatoes with oil and add to the pan, stirring to coat with meat juices. Season with more salt and pepper, if desired. Return pan to oven and continue to cook for 20 minutes.
4. Add mushrooms to the pan, stirring to coat, and continue cooking for 40 more minutes.
5. Mix together butter and flour and set aside.
6. Remove roast beef (thermometer should read 130°F (55°C) from pan and transfer to a cutting surface; let sit 15 minutes before carving. Transfer vegetables to a serving platter. Pour the pan juices into a small saucepan and skim off fat.
7. Pour roast beef broth into pan juices, bring to a boil and let cook for 3 minutes. Lower heat, add flour mixture and tomato paste and whisk gently to incorporate.
8. Carve roast beef and serve with gravy, mushrooms and potatoes. The roast beef recipe is ready to serve...enjoy the feasts !