Barbecued Beef Roast
A nice roast beef recipe to try !
- 5 pounds rump beef roast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup water
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1/4 cup tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup prepared barbecue sauce
1. Rub rump roast with salt, pepper and garlic salt. Place the roast in a roasting pan; set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, combine water, chopped tomato, vinegar, ketchup, chopped onion, crushed garlic, sliced celery, Worcestershire sauce, and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in butter and prepared barbecue sauce.
3. Pour half the sauce over the roast beef. Bake uncovered at 300*F for 3 hours, basting frequently with the remaining sauce.
4. Let stand for 10 minutes before thinly slicing the roast beef. Serve sliced roast with the remaining sauce. The roast beef recipe is ready to serve....nice !.