Roast Beef with Garlic and Thyme
Roast Beef with Garlic and Thyme Recipe
Roast Beef Recipe Ingredients:
* 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
* 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
* 1 teaspoon dried thyme
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 clove garlic cut in half
* 2 to 3 pounds beef roast - eye of round or rump roast
* thinly sliced red onion and tomato slices for garnish
Roast Beef Recipe Instructions:
In a small bowl combine butter, lemon peel, thyme, salt, and pepper.
Rub garlic halves over surface of beef roast. Spread butter mixture over roast, coating thoroughly on all sides. Place meat on rack in a shallow roasting pan. Roast at 450°, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
Reduce temperature to 325°; roast beef about 1 hour to 1 hour and 30 minutes. A meat thermometer should register about 150° for medium.
Remove roast beef from oven, cover loosely with foil, and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Place slices on a serving dish, and place onion and tomato slices around the edge. Serve immediately. The Roast beef recipe is ready to serves 6 to 8 great persons...enjoy it ! Delicious !
Labels: roast beef recipes